This is the sketch of my finalised organism:
In case you were wondering why I had no reference to the producer so far, it is because she is still coming up with her organism (she’s really busy cause of CCA). So she is adapting to me instead of me to her. Puzzling, isn’t it?
**For the whole design process, I based my adaptations on the general features of tundra plants.
- Masking tape
- Kitchen towels
- PVA glue + water
- Black permanent marker
- Polyester stuffing
- Felt, needle and thread
- Double-sided tape
[ I forgot to take pictures of the steps, so I’ll have to make do with these few pictures ><]
3/9/12 – 4/9/12
- First, I used newspaper and masking tape to make the shape of the goat
- I then tore up newspaper, dipped the pieces in glue and pasted them all over the surface of the model
- Lastly, I cut up kitchen towels and repeated step 2 with them
- After leaving the model to dry, it turned into a hard white sculpture:
- I painted the hooves grey, the mouth pink and the horns brown. I also painted in the eyes and the underside of the tail.
- I then used a marker to draw the parting between the goat’s two toes and the rings around its horns.
- (I did not cut the feet to denote 2 toes as it might compromise the stability of the model)
- To make the teeth, I cut styrofoam up into 2 kinds of cuboids – 6 short wide pieces (molars) and 2 long thin pieces (row of incisors). I then used double-sided tape to stick these in the mouth.
- For the goat’s thick fur, I used the PVA glue to stick clumps of stuffing all over its body.
- As the goat had thinner layers of fur on its legs and face, I sewed felt over these parts instead of stuffing.